Nursing care plans is an essential part of healthcare, Care planning provides a “road map” of sorts, to guide all who are involved with a patient care. Nursing care plans outlines the nursing care to be provided to a patient. It is a set of actions the nurse will implement to resolve nursing problems identified by assessment. The creation of the plan is an intermediate stage of the nursing process. It guides in the ongoing provision of nursing care and assists in the evaluation of that care.
Characteristics of the nursing care plan:
- focuses on actions, which are designed to solve or minimize the existing problem.
- Product of a deliberate systematic process.
- Relates to the future.
- Based upon identified health and nursing problems.
- It is holistic.
- It focuses to meet all the needs of the service user.
Elements of the nursing care plan:
- Nursing Assessment
- Nursing Diagnosis; NANDA nursing diagnosis with related factors and diagnostic criteria
- Nursing outcome classifications
- Nursing intervention classifications
Sample of Nursing Care Plans: